2017 Extension Engage: Partnering With New and Immigrant Audiences – Conference Information
The demographic shift of North Carolina is challenging traditional programming and engagement models. The path toward addressing this transition presents many opportunities, challenges, lessons learned, and success stories. Sharing these will facilitate and strengthen our work together to best meet the needs of our changing audiences in North Carolina. To support this work, NCCES Community and Rural Development is sponsoring the Extension Engage: Partnering with New and Immigrant Audiences Conference.
Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Durham Arts Council, 120 Morris Street, Durham, NC 27701
The conference will provide an opportunity for participants to learn from external partners and Extension colleagues, both from North Carolina and beyond, about their journey in engaging with new audiences. We hope to be inspired by their experiences and get valuable resources and ideas to take back and enhance innovation in our work to engage across our shifting demographics.
DEADLINE to register was April 24th, 2017
Registration: REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
- Expand understanding of population and cultural shifts and what it means for Extension’s effectiveness. Who are new Audiences for us?
- Inspire NC Extension to go beyond traditional audiences.
- Learn what is working on the ground.
- How to: Marketing/ connecting with new audiences. Think together about what would catalyze audience (resources needed) shifts in programming across state.
- Identify Actions to be taken post conference. What would it mean to do something differently?
The Aloft (Easy walking distance to DAC)
Special discount rates are no longer available.
Aloft Durham Downtown
345 Blackwell Street
Durham, North Carolina 27701
919 402 5656 Ext 567
Durham Marriott City Center (This hotel is easy walking distance to the Durham Arts Council)
201 Foster St., Durham, NC 27701
1108 West Main St.
Durham, NC 27701
Hilton Garden Inn Durham University Medical Center
2102 W. Main St.
Durham, NC 27705
The Durham Hotel
315 East Chapel hill St.
Durham, NC 27701
Click here for a map of the area around Durham Arts Council with links to hotels, food, coffee, etc.
To return to this website or to share it with others, please use this URL: go.ncsu.edu/2017ExtensionEngage