Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
Starting on May 12, 2021 eligible households will be able to access the FCC Emergency Broadband Benefit funds to offset the cost of Broadband Service to their home and could receive money for a device. See the benefits below.
- Up to a $50/month discount on your broadband service and associated equipment rentals
- Up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)
A household must meet one of the following criteria for eligibility:
- Be Lifeline eligible
- Eligible for an existing ISP discount broadband program
- Have children eligible for free and reduced school lunches
- Have a household member who is a Pell Grant recipient
- Have a household member who is unemployed.
- ISP participation is voluntary. Eligible households may choose among services offered by participating providers.
- Participating providers in North Carolina can be found on this FCC website.
Visit the Broadband Resources page for information and ways to take action on broadband issues.
Please contact Kenny Sherin if you have questions or want to share resources.